Sunday, February 27, 2005

Australia's capital

Today I visited Canberra. Another impressive city and once again I got lost trying to find my way back to the freeway out of town. When I got into Canberra I had 5hours before I had to check into my motel which was 1/2hr up the road at Yass. I called into the visitor information center to find some ideas to kill some time. The National War Memorial and the national museam both looked interesting. I decided to check out the War Memorial first. It is verry impressive a great big museam of all things Australian and War related. A brilliant aircraft display and it also currently has an exibit "australia under attack" featuring a japanese minisub sunk in sydney harbour. I spent so much time there that i didnt have time to visit the national museam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home